Yes, you might be the best general contractor in your region. However, that might not do any good to you if you cannot attract clients. Please note that attracting a few clients is a big challenge for most general contractors. That makes getting more clients a major challenge. However, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.
In this post, we shall discuss the top 5 hacks that can help a general contractor to get more clients. Please read on for more information.
Always aim to establish credibility with your clients
Always take the opportunity of your initial meeting with a client to build trust. The tenant build-out contractors from AFS General, Florida agree that clients need assurance that you are the right contractor for the job. That means, take that opportunity to tell them similar projects you’ve worked on before. If possible, show them your portfolio, and let them know how the previous projects relate to theirs.
We cannot stress enough the importance of early impressions. Your approach and confidence will let the client know whether or not you are the right contractor for the job. If you convince your clients that you have the needed expertise, there’s a chance that you’ll get the contract. On the other hand, if you present yourself as an inexperienced and insecure general contractor, you’ll have a hard time convincing a client to hire you.
Invest in a well-designed website
If you don’t own a website as a general contractor, how do you expect to get clients? And, when we talk of a website, we mean a well-designed website. Typically, having a website increases business visibility, which in turn attracts more clients to your business. In addition, a website reduces the time you’d have spent searching for clients.
Here are three things to keep in mind when creating a website:
- Usability – check online recommendations and reviews regularly to see how easy it is to use your website. Do users report having challenges in accessing your site or getting things done? That said, don’t forget to include a help section on your website.
- Availability of customer support – since you will be dealing with clients daily, it’s good to make sure that your website has a customer service section. This will make sure that your existing and prospective clients don’t struggle in getting information about the services that you provide.
- Mobile compatibility – how your website looks on mobile is essential. And why is this? Most people use mobile phones or tablets to search for the services they need. That means you might be losing out if you have not optimized your website for mobile.
In addition to getting a website for your business, make sure that you make your general contracting business visible on different social media platforms. Besides using a website, most people rely on social media when searching for services. And, placing your business on these platforms puts you in a better position to attract more clients.
Don’t forget about a Google My Business page
Have you ever noticed that when you search for a restaurant or business online, Google provides a map with a few suggestions for you to go through? This only happens for businesses with a Google My Business page.
When you get this page, you will always appear on Google searches. Besides, it can assist your business to appear on the map if a user searches for general contractors in your area. That means a Google My Business page is a must if you want to get more clients for your general contracting business.
Here is how you can get a Google My Business page:
- Start by claiming a Google My Business page
- Next, add your location, phone number, email address, website link, and business hours
- Add photos of work you’ve already done
- After you are done with setting up the page, ask your previous clients for online reviews. Typically, businesses with five- and four-star reviews rank better on Google SERPs. And, the higher you rank, the more clients you will attract.
Advertise your business
When doing a project in a neighborhood, make sure that you display your brand in as many places as you can. People like poking their noses in their neighbor’s business—so having your signs in many places might allow them to talk about your business.
Besides, you can request your clients whether they are comfortable with you using them as referrals. If they agree, list your business on yelp. When choosing a general contractor, clients want to see whether the contractor delivers quality work. In addition, they are searching for a contractor they can trust. Therefore, marking yourself and getting quality referrals can help you attract more clients.
Make it easy for prospective clients to contact you
How easy is it for prospective clients to contact you? That means you should ensure that all your communication channels are open, and there’s someone available to respond to anyone trying to reach you. Availability means allowing your communication channels to take leads—then making sure that you respond. Never leave your email account wasting away with unread messages, or your Twitter account dormant.
Besides, you can also give out your number. Quick response time translates to happy and satisfied clients. This, in turn, can give you positive reviews—something you need if you want to get more clients.