Airbnb is a rental booking site where normal individuals like us can become hosts simply by placing our property up for booking on the platform. Moreover, it provides its clients looking for a cheap but comfortable rental that won’t cost them a fortune, a great alternative. However, no two Airbnb booking experiences are why you might fare well if you read the Airbnb UK reviews prior to renting a space.
Besides the advantage of lower prices, individuals who book on Airbnb can also benefit by booking a larger space for a lesser price than what other competitors provide. If you are not the type that prefers hotels, Airbnb also offers you the chance to rent a space in a neighborhood during your vacation.
How to Create an Account on Airbnb
Now that we have grabbed your interest with the amenities Airbnb can provide, you would want to know how to register yourself onto the platform. The steps are simple, and here’s how it goes:
- You click on the profile icon on the top right of the page and then click on “sign up.”
- Once the pop-up window shows, add your country code and your mobile number. You will have to verify this number via the code sent to your number through SMS.
- To finish signing up, you will be asked to add basic information such as your first and last name as written on your ID, your date of birth (need to be 18+), and lastly, your email ID.
- Following the email verification and agreement to terms and conditions, you will need to add a profile picture or use one from your Facebook profile. Then you can sync your contacts to Gmail, Yahoo!, or Outlook. You can also skip these steps for later.
Choosing & Booking Where to Stay
Once you have registered your account, you are one step closer to booking your place of stay. Although this step is the most exciting one, it requires the most careful planning and selection. Here’s how you can reserve a spot for your vacation:
- Deciding and choosing your date and location: In this step, you’ll have to select your preferred date of renting the space and how many people you’ll stay with. The platform usually asks for the number of “guests,” which can be ambiguous whether this includes kids too. For more information, you can contact the host directly.
- Additional information: Once you’ve selected your travel date and number of guests, you can choose further options through the filtering features. The more extensive your filters are, the higher the chances of satisfaction on your end.
- Read reviews: The most critical step during your booking would be reading the reviews. This will give you a clear idea about how true the description is of the space you’re renting and whether it is safe to stay there. Never book an Airbnb without reading reviews.
- Keep an eye on the pictures: Pictures speak a thousand words. Ensure you check all the images added by the host and compare them to the ones added by previous guests.