Buying and selling is a daily ritual in every human society. It has transcended the physical transaction to the online transactions we do every day. If you ever look at the medium of sales in our present day, we cannot but agree that the sales industry has grown over the years. The sales industry is a market for competing products, where you have to convince people to sell your own. Therefore, it has now accommodated a lot of personnel in order to fast track the chain of business.
A sales job is one which requires you to sell anything to anybody. The product you are selling, people you are selling to and your position will determine your duty. In the sales industry, we have a lot of positions such as; sales representative, sales leader, sales coordinator, sales assistant, resources planning representative, business development representative, sales manager, sales director and so on. The name each company gives these roles may vary but the most popular ones are sales leader and sales coordinator.
A sales coordinator is the person responsible for organizing customers and customer service specialists in a company. The work of a sales coordinator depends on the type of company he is working for. But generally, a sales coordinator directs and coordinates a company’s sales team and also performs administrative duties. Just as one of the sales coordinators at insists, “sales coordinator manages schedules, files documents and communicates relevant information to the team”. He ensures the adequacy of sales equipment, responds to the complaints from customers and gives after-sales support when necessary.
A sales coordinator can’t afford to fall short of good comThe sales coordinator must also be ready to assist in the preparation and organization of promotional materials and ensure adherence to laws and policies of the company.
To be an expert sales coordinator, you must have and pay attention to details because you will be working with figures, bills, accounts, customer information and product information. Also, you need to be computer savvy. You must have a good knowledge of office applications.
An expert sales coordinator must not neglect good relationship with colleagues (team play). As a sales coordinator, you should ask questions to understand better, rather than trying to figure out things alone. You must as well be able to approach problems and give workable solutions. As an expert sales coordinator, you should always strive to be the first person that people can approach for solutions to problems. Dissertation paper describes an expert sales coordinator as the chief problem solver in any marketing and sales company.
You cannot get it wrong as a sales coordinator because you’ll enjoy various benefits of the position. Some of the benefits are:
- You have the potential of earning good moneyin comparison to many other choices of career even though, this depends on your years of experience. Your performance has a direct impact on the amount of money you earn. The better your performance, the higher your pay. Also, you may be entitled to stock options if you work with a start-up looking for ways to enter the market. You don’t only have the chance to get good money but your money includes allowances for car, sales contests and reimbursements. Companies pay their sales team very well because they are the revenue generating team of the company.
- You have flexible working time. Sales coordination does not restrict you to the four walls of an office. You need to have a dynamic view of the changes in the society and this requires you to travel more.
- You have the opportunity to manage people and develop good communication skill.
The joy of being a sales coordinator only persists if you put in the effort it demands. And you should know that the position has its consequences.
- Because of the high income, there’s also a high level of accountability and responsibility attached to the position. It is time-consuming and highly-demanding. It can be stressful.
- You may have flexible time to work like best paper writing services, but outside sales job can be lonely. You may not have a deep interaction with your colleagues. You need a strong sense of discipline to set your own schedule to ensure effective time management.
- The workload and struggles to beat competition is very high.
The possibility that you will qualify as a sales coordinator depends on your administrative skills, computer knowledge, communication skill, team playing and coordinating skills. You must be decisive, people-oriented, innovative, patient and detailed.
A sales leader is a person responsible for coaching and directing a team of salespersons. A sales leader is responsible for assigning sales territories, mentoring, coaching, training and supervising members of the sales team. He is also responsible for ensuring that the team members meet the set quotas for a given period of time. The importance of the role of a sales leader cannot even be displaced by buy essay online, he is the conductor of the company’s revenue path. A sales leader should show his team members the path to success as a sales professional.
According to an custom essay service report, sales leader is one of the most demanding positions in a company. As a sales leader, you can be charged with the task of winning new clients as well as helping your team to develop territories and accounting strategies. A sales leader plays the role of people manager, customer manager and business manager.
To be an expert at sales leadership, you must first learn to be a good human resource manager. A Sales leader is responsible for hiring and firing members of sales team therefore, human resources skill is essential. You can’t be a good leader at sales if you cannot set objectives for effective planning, set goals, analyze data and project future performance.
A good sales leader must also be a good teacher. . He must have good communication and analytical skills. To be an expert sales leader you must never lose the empathy and ability to understand customers’ viewpoint.
You must have a strong sense of integrity and the ability to prioritize effectively. Even though being a good sales leader may be demanding, you must never be a dictator but you should relate well with your peers, cross-functional counterparts and upper management. You must be able to build a strong team.
You are a lucky person in the society if you are a sales leader because:
- You will earn good money and you can directly influence the amount of money you earn.
- As a sales leader, you’ll have sales skills and develop other skills such as management skills.
- You will always have a challenging task every day, so, it is never monotonous.
- As a sales leader, you have the opportunity to directly influence, motivate and mentor your team to be the best, even outside their career.
The following are some of the challenges you may encounter as a sales leader:
- It is time-consuming, you live like your life depends on it. This means that there is pressure to do better at every shot you throw. No time for laziness.
- You may have issues with new hires getting to know all the details about the job, which may affect productivity.
- A sales leader will not perform well where a company does not have enough staff.
If you really want to be a successful sales leader you must be ambitious, result-oriented, innovative, decisive and detail-focused. You should also have good communication, interpersonal, forecasting and analytical skills.
You can decide to either be a sales coordinator or a sales leader by weighing the pros and cons, check your potential, interest and ability. Discover your strengths and leverage on them. Identify your weaknesses and work on them. Go for it and be the best!