The demand for rental properties is at an all-time high after the uncertainty of the last 12 months, which is great news for landlords.
Or is it?
Well, the answer isn’t as straightforward as you might think. Yes, of course an influx of potential tenants is great news for those landlords looking to get occupants into their properties. But the truth is that with ever-changing legalities placing more demand on landlords than ever before, the busier you are, the more difficult your job will be.
But wait – all is not lost!
Sure, finding the right tenant is part of the struggle, but it’s often not impossible for you to take care of yourself. However, it’s not everything. Remaining compliant and on top of your legal duties as a landlord can quickly become a full-time job – and then some!
The good news is that a specialist letting agents can not only help by keeping you up to date with the newest regulations, but they can also take care of a huge proportion of your responsibilities, allowing you peace of mind that your portfolio of properties is in safe hands.
Never thought about using letting agents before? Here are four reasons why you should start. . .
Okay so we get it – your properties are your babies, and the chances are you have poured a lot of time, money and care into each one that you let out. But the truth is that the more properties you have in your portfolio, the more complicated your job becomes, and the easier it is to make silly mistakes.
Ultimately, good letting agents in Warrington can help you to remain compliant and save you money. But if you’re still not convinced – here are four reasons why you should start using a letting agency:
- Accurate rent assessments – Whether your expectations are too high or you’re selling yourself short, most landlords don’t place their property on the market at the right rental price. A letting agent will evaluate the property’s potential and advise on the best price to market it at.
- Shorter let times – Properties that are advertised for rental through proper letting agents get snapped up much quicker than those being handled privately.
- Professional dispute resolution – Unfortunately sometimes there will be end of tenancy disagreements, but by using the services of a letting agent who can act as a third party to ensure you get the financial repayment you’re owed – you can relieve yourself of unnecessary stress.
- Reliable maintenance – Most letting agents have their own tried and trusted tradesmen for all building maintenance issues, which can help you to avoid wasting money on potential cowboys.
Of course – the above benefits aside, you’re not required to use a letting agency to handle your properties. However, it is worth knowing what issues could arise if you do decide to take on all the responsibilities for yourself:
- Boundaries can become lost and your role as a landlord can easily become a 24/7 duty.
- No guarantee that any deposit you received will be protected.
- Without a proper agency in place, you no longer have the right to a section 21 (you cannot just ask a tenant to leave).
- You must be compliant with over 400 different rules and regs, with failure to do so incurring hefty fines.
And it goes without saying that if you are going it alone, you are no longer obliged to “switch off” when you go on holiday or have other engagements as your tenants must be able to reach you in case of an emergency at any time.
Could it be time to let letting agents in Warrington help?
If you’re finding the demand of being a landlord a little too much in 2021, don’t worry – you’re certainly not alone. Letting agents in Warrington, EasyLet Residential are experts in all things letting – offering bespoke support to suit your particular requirements.
So, why not get in touch with their team today on 01925 633 011?