Udhagamandalam is a beautiful town full of resorts located in the Western Ghats Mountains, in the southern-most part of Tamil Nadu. The place is well known by the name of Ooty. The alluring town was first founded as a British Raj summer resort. It is much recognized as the town retaining a perfectly working steam railway line. The splendid beauty of this place lies in the green tea plantations all over the mountains of town.
The most dazzling thing that makes Ooty a must to visit the place is its weather which is so pleasant the whole year that one can visit this beautiful place anytime in the year; that is the main reason that Ooty is referred to as a year-round destination for the visitors.
Well, being so famous amongst the tourists gets Ooty its name as the land of resorts. There is a variety of hotel in Ooty; some of the famous ones are:
- The Savoy Hotel: The hotel is quite famous for having its branches in almost every hill-station. It is located on the top of the hill and was set-up in the 1820s. From being that old, the hotel encompasses all the heritage and culture of Ooty that visitors desire to explore. The astonishing hotel is well spread in an area over 6000 acres making it the most desirable choice for travellers visiting the place for having peace and silence. The hotel is having beautiful gardens and airy rooms that make visitors connect to the environment. Moreover, the world-class service acts as the cherry on the top.
- Hotel Darshan: It is one of the most preferred hotels in Ooty among the travellers as it’s very much connected to the city bus station and is built very near to Ooty Lake. The open green hill view from the hotel rooms is quite relaxing and offers ease to the eyes.
- Treebo Trend Sky dale Inn and Suites: The hotel is quite popular for providing villa type of hotel. The hotel is also quite connected to the bus station which makes it quite accessible. Also, the open area around the hotel is eye-catching for the tourists.
- The Beverly Villa: The hotel is quite popular amongst the visitors as it’s very accessible to all the travellers and is quite affordable as compared to other hotels. Offering all the required services and all options of rooms to choose from the hotel makes to one of the most trusted ones.
- Leopard Rock Wilderness Resort: As the name suggests, the hotel is located in wild area of the mountains in Ooty. They have Gymkhana Golf course nearby and is quite popular in terms of promoting safety of nature by being eco-friendly. They offer some services that promise to save water which leads to saving earth.
One of the famous facts about this place includes Stone House, which is exclusively a 19th-centuary residence. The place promotes the overall cultural value of the place which attracts more and more visitors each year. Also, talking about the heritage value of this place; one cannot forget to mention the circa-1829 St. Stephen’s Church which is quite a big deal for visitors coming to this place.
Discussing the environment love this town has, one cannot forget the world famous Government botanical garden located in the town on the slopes of the Dobbabetta Peak. The garden preserves all kind of flora found in that area which promotes the overall environmental value of the city.
Now, while staying in a hotel in Ooty the visitors are offered various travel packs to near-by tourist-spots like:
- The Coonor sightseeing tour: The offer includes pick-up and drop from the hotels in Ooty. The visitors are taken to an 8-hours’ drive to Coonor which is famous for its natural beauty. Visitors can visit tea plantations and the Nilgiri hills. Also, the nature-lovers can enjoy the beautiful valley view point, Lamb’s rock, Golf links, and the beautiful spot of Dolphin nose and at last St. Catherine Falls.
- The Avalanche full day sightseeing tour: The trip can be organized by the hotel in which one is staying. It involves visit to five major attractions of the place which includes the Avalanche wild life, the Avalanche dam, the vegetable farming, the Emerald Lake view, and the Emerald dam.
- Paykaraand Mudumalai tour: The trip offers tourists an 8-hour’ drive to beautiful wildlife sanctuary in Mudumalai. Also, the trip offers to visit golf link area where one can enjoy playing golf with their friends and family members, Tiger Reserve is also an attraction in this trip. The tiger reserve is promoting total preservation of tigers that is of great importance in our country as the number of tigers are getting low in our country hence, the reserve in Ooty promotes breeding and natural habitat to the tigers; so as the tigers can breed and stay safe.
- Experimental Zip lining: This is meant to bring the adrenaline rush in visitor’s experience. This adventure spot in Ooty is providing the visitors an experience to fly over the beautiful place which overall gives the tourist an unforgettable experience for life time.
- Ooty black thunder theme park: It is considered to be one of the most promising Coimbatore Amusement Parks which is exclusively Asia’s leading water based theme park. They include water and cyclonic waves which are considered to provide all the visitors with lifetime memories of great fun and adventure as a whole.
- The famous Pykara Lake boating: The fun activity of Ooty which is enjoyed by all visitors of different age groups be it any youngster or the adults. The lake is having scenic beauty all around it as it is surrounded by forests from all sides. Moreover, this lake is considered very safe when it comes to boat in it. Also, the lake have dam nearby which is also visited by most of the visitors while travelling to Ooty.
The hotels in Ooty are quite well known to offer a whole different experience that one cannot have at any other place. The place make you believe that you are near to your mother earth. The wild life sanctuaries make visitors feel connected to animals.