SEO or Search Engine Optimisation plays a crucial role in the development and growth of any business. Using the correct tools and technicals, an individual or a company can better their website in many ways and amplify its traction. There are many experienced services located around the globe that offer their professional take in this field.
For example, Brisbane SEO service providers help businesses and individuals improve their content in various ways. This article focuses on the technical components involved in SEO and how those can be worked upon.
The Importance of the Technical aspect
There are several ways to utilize SEO and refine their overall website and its specific pages. Improving the quality of the content by using shorter paragraphs, better language, more images are among the techniques used.
For example, research suggests that a website with a video is 50% more likely to get a better ranking than one with just plain text. Learning how to incorporate keywords into the text appropriately and effectively is also vital in SEO.
But an aspect that is often overlooked is the technical aspects of SEO. For example, an individual or a business needs to ensure that their content is readable by search engines and compatible with the operations. Brisbane SEO agencies work on such aspects and help businesses to develop and grow.
Having a nuanced understanding of everything technical involved in the website is unnecessary as a basic knowledge will suffice. However, knowing nothing in this area can cause problems as one would not effectively communicate with their website developer or explain the changes they need.
For a developer to comprehend the specific requirement or amendments an individual needs in their website, information communication should not be done abstractly. Basic technical understanding plays an important role here.
What is a website made of?
- HTML: Decides the Structure
The complete form of HTML is a hypertext markup language, and it is the foundation or backbone of any webpage. Essential components of content like the title, lists, paragraphs are all set up using HTML.
SEOs need to understand how HTML works as it is the basis of any webpage. Although an individual or a business owner does not need to write in HTML, it is the part that is changed every time new content is added or subtracted from a page.
CSS: Appearance of the website
Cascading style sheets or CSS determines the overall look and layout of a website. For example, if you want a website to have a particular colour scheme, specific fonts, etc., it can be incorporated without adding CSS into HTML. This makes a page less code-heavy and makes it easier for file transfer, downloading, and indexing.
The basis of an SEO strategy
We are all aware of what precisely an SEO is and how it influences the business. But the fact that very few people know is that SEO has two different aspects. One is On-page SEO, which deals with everything you see on a company’s web page. The other is Off-page SEO, which deals with the in-depth technical aspects of the SEO process that are not visible on the web page and have complete control over it.
These aspects, or to be specific, parts of SEO again have certain subparts related to them. These subparts handle all the core work associated with the performance of the webpage.
Subparts of on-page SEO are:
- Title tag: These are the heading visible on the website or the tag line you see on the SERP while you are searching.
- Page layout: It is one of the most important factors of on-page SEO. The layout is what actual users have to deal with. It needs to be elegant yet straightforward appearance-wise. If your layout is complex and people aren’t comfortable using it, you might lose potential customers.
- Content: You must have heard that “content is the king”. That is precisely what it means. Even if you have some world-class service to offer your end-users, it means nothing if your content that tells about your service isn’t straightforward.
Subparts of of-page SEO are:
- Backlinks: backlinks are an essential part of off-page SEO. They are the core pillars of your entire SEO service. Adding backlinks to your content helps the web crawlers reach your website easily.
- Social promotion: With each passing time, as the world moves towards the new generation, social advertising has become an inevitable part of your business performance. A business must maintain its social appearance as well for the success of your business.
- Local SEO: With passing time, it has been seen that a significant share of e-commerce is held by m-commerce. This means that local searches have been increasing with every passing time. And business has to look after this aspect of marketing too.
The technical component behind SEO needs to be understood to improve quality. Popular search engines like Google send out crawlers to investigate your content’s relevance and how it should be ranked within the HTML code. CSS can help compress data and lessen the coding required while simultaneously beautifying a page.