You have a powerful smartwatch on your wrist if you own a Huawei Watch 3 or GT2 series smartwatch.
These Huawei connected watches have been some of the nicest we’ve lived with in our experience, with the GT 2 and its variants, as well as the Watch 3 running on HarmonyOS.
These apps can do far more than just notify you and track your activity.
Our top tips to become the master of your Huawei smartwatch, whether you have Huawei Watch GT2e, Huawei Watch GT2 Pro or Huawei Watch 3.
Features and tips for Huawei Watch 3/Watch 3 Pro
Getting your Huawei Watch 3 back to factory settings
The Watch 3 has not proved terribly buggy to us, but if you run into issues with it or if you want to pass it on to someone else to use, you can easily reset it: To do that, follow these steps:
- From the watch’s main screen, swipe down
- Tap on the Settings button
- The System & Updates section can be found at the bottom of the page
- Reset the program.
- Also, you can power off your device or restart it by doing the same as well
- The Watch 3 can show different notifications
Huawei Watch owners have the option to better control notifications from Huawei’s apps and third-party apps, which are shown directly on the watch rather than having to access Huawei’s companion app via their phone. In order to improve control:
- The main screen of the watch can be accessed by swiping down
- To access Settings, tap its icon
- To access notifications, scroll down
- To access the System apps, select Show all
- You can toggle notifications on or off in the native app by selecting it and tapping the toggle button.
You can view the apps that are currently open
It helps to know this in case you have many apps open, but don’t know which ones are sapping your Huawei Watch’s battery. Fortunately, showing the recent apps screen is easy:
- You can swipe up on opened apps to close them by pressing the crown button twice in quick succession on the watch.
Step goals should be adjusted daily
You do have the option to adjust your step goal even if you have been smashing your step counts or if you need to stick to a more reasonable goal until you are comfortable increasing your goals again. Here’s how you can do it the fastest:
- Tap the Me tab in the Huawei Health app (next to Devices).
- Then select Goals from Settings
- You can adjust your step goal by dragging left or right. By doing this, you’ll be able to estimate how long it will take you to meet your step goal and how many calories you’ll burn.
The Huawei Health app and watch both offer the option to display measurements in kilometer or Celsius for those who prefer them. The following steps should be taken:
- You can access Huawei Health by tapping Me.
- Units can be found in Settings.
- You can switch between measuring units and temperature units by tapping them.