The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is right back with Two top-10 contenders in the welterweight division headline UFC Fight Night as Michael Chiesa takes on Neil Magny on Wednesday, 20th January 2021 inside Etihad Arena on “Fight Island” in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. And if you are wondering to watch the UFC fighting action live, than you are in the right place.
In the United States, both the prelims at 9 a.m. ET and the main card will start at Noon will be televised on ESPN, but if you don’t have cable, anyone in the US can watch Chiesa vs Magny and every other fight live stream free via ESPN+ by clicking here.
Chiesa has looked like a man possessed since making the move back up to Welterweight, winning three in a row over legit competition such as Carlos Condit, Diego Sanchez and Rafael dos Anjos. Prior to packing on the pounds, “Maverick” had dropped two straight at Lightweight, failing to make weight in his bout against Anthony Pettis. Against Magny, though, he will be facing his toughest challenge to date at 170 pounds.
Magny has also won three straight, including big wins over Li Jingliang and Robbie Lawler. It seems Magny has long been that guy who is right on the cusp of getting over the hump, but comes up just short. If he can take out Chiesa, it will give him him his longest win streak (four) since going on a seven-fight run earlier in his UFC career, which was ultimately snapped by Demian Maia.
UFC Fight Night: Chiesa vs. Magny
• Date: Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021
• Venue: Etihad Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi
• Main card: 12 p.m. ET on ESPN/ESPN+
• Prelims: 9 a.m. ET on ESPN/ESPN+
• Live Stream: WATCH FREE HERE
Chiesa and Magny are as well-rounded and experienced as they come and have similar fighting styles. That said, something’s got to give. Chiesa is determined to get over the hump himself after competing inside the Octagon for nine years with decent success. But, “Maverick” wants more and he feels his time is now. A win over Magny could be just what he needs to break into the Top 5. As for “The Haitian Sensation,” taking out “Maverick” should also earn him a bump or two up the Welterweight ladder. It’s a tough match up to call since they are fairly even in the talent department. Neither is great at one thing, but pretty good all the way around.
Here’s the match schedule for UFC Fight Night: Chiesa vs. Magny
Prelims — 9 a.m. ET, 6 a.m. PT on ESPN and can be streamed free here
- Victoria Leonardo versus Manon Fiorot [Women’s Flyweight]
- Umar Nurmagomedov versus Sergey Morozov [Bantamweight]
- Mike Davis versus Mason Jones [Lightweight]
- Francisco Figueiredo versus Jerome Rivera [Flyweight]
- Dalcha Lungiambula versus Markus Perez [Middleweight]
- Su Mudaerji versus Zarrukh Adashev [Flyweight]
- Ricky Simon versus Gaetano Pirrello [Bantamweight]
- Omari Akhmedov versus Tom Breese [Middleweight]
Main Card — 12 p.m. ET, 9 a.m. PT on ESPN and can be streamed free here
- Lerone Murphy versus Douglas Silva de Andrade [Featherweight]
- Matt Schnell versus Tyson Nam [Flyweight]
- Roxanne Modafferi versus Viviane Araujo [Women’s Flyweight]
- Ike Villanueva versus Vinicius Moreira [Light Heavyweight]
- Warlley Alves versus Mounir Lazze [Welterweight]
- Michael Chiesa versus Neil Magny [Welterweight]
Or, if you plan on ordering Saturday’s UFC 257 PPV, which is headlined by Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier 2, you can get the PPV and a year of ESPN+ for $89.98, which works out to over 30 percent savings:
Whatever way you go, once signed up for ESPN+, you can watch Chiesa vs Magny and UFC Fight Night live on the ESPN app on your Roku, Roku TV, Amazon Fire TV or Firestick, Apple TV, Chromecast, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iPhone, Android phone, iPad or Android tablet. Get ESPN+ & UFC 257 PPV.