The monitor stand not only provides comfort to the PC user but also contributes to maintaining his health, as well as expanding the working space on the computer desk. But all this is possible subject to two conditions: the correct calculation of the dimensions of the stand and the well-thought-out design of this module. Go by the link to find out the most popular and comfortable solutions for PC and laptop users. You will see ergonomic vertical, single and dual monitor stands along with slim monitor risers.
There are many advantages to using a monitor over a laptop, and they all involve installing a dedicated monitor arm (movable stand). And now we will tell you about the 5 main reasons for purchasing such a mount.
- As you are tired of stretching your neck and eyes to the monitor standing statically on the table. The desktop stand for the monitor will allow you to adjust its height, distance from the user, and angle of inclination so that it is in the most comfortable position for the eyes. The screen should be about arm’s length, with the top side tilted back slightly. When using a computer, your neck should be relaxed, so the monitor should be placed directly in front of your eyes. This will relieve you of pain in the neck and eyes, as well as in the shoulders and back.
- Flexibility and versatility. In addition to the standard height, depth, and angle settings, some stands also allow you to quickly switch from horizontal to the vertical mode of working with your computer. In addition, it becomes much more convenient to work with two or more monitors at the same time. With these brackets, you can personalize your workplace in the way you want.
- Clean table. The monitor stand will lift it off the table, thus clearing the space for other necessary things, such as a portrait of friends or family and a cup of coffee.
- You have already moved or are planning to move to work at an adjustable standing desk that changes height. If you have already realized that a change of position at work has a beneficial effect on your health, then an adjustable monitor stand is indispensable. If your body changes position, then the monitor needs to adjust to the desired height and viewing angle.
- You like to use a desktop with a treadmill. Imagine that you have decided to take your health seriously and have installed a treadmill under your desk. In this case, your office chair will be on one side of the table, and the track on the other. Obviously, you will have to move the monitor back and forth several times a day, then a bracket is what you need.
Think about your comfort and health. Please note that there are many models from different manufacturers on the market. One of the most reliable today is Progressive Desk. Carefully learn about their smart products and choose what is right for you. It depends on the style of your desk, your preferences, and the computer you work on. After taking into consideration all the nuances and facts, you can choose what you really need for convenient work and your effectiveness.
A Monitor Stand or Monitor Riser – What to Choose?
The answer actually depends on the device you use for work, is it a PC or a laptop? If you have the latter, the monitor stand option automatically falls away allowing you to choose only among very attractive slim monitor risers. Let’s learn more about these two options for computer users.
Monitor stand with the bracket implies that the monitor is suspended, and not standing, but it itself is attached to the table, and not to the wall, as is usually the case with this type of holder. Such stand options provide many adjustments – in height, angle of inclination, and even the orientation of the screen in space. The downside is that not all desktop brackets are securely fastened, and they are not always convenient to use, for example, if the table is moved close to the wall.
The second option is the Slim aluminum monitor riser. It looks like a small table that puts on the desktop. To choose the right monitor stand, consider the following features:
- Possibility of height adjustment. Some stands are stationary, that is, their height is not adjustable, and others have several positions, which is more convenient and allows you to flexibly adjust the height. This is true if you have a chair with height adjustment, and you like to change your position in the process of work. A stand without adjustments is suitable for those who are going to install the monitor properly once and do not plan to touch it again.
- Dimensions. When choosing a stand, you need to not only decide whether you need a model with or without adjustment but also choose the option with the desired height. For this home, measure the height to which you need to raise the monitor so that its top edge is at eye height, and then select a model with a suitable height. Also, make sure the stand is larger than the leg and is large enough to provide good stability for the monitor. In addition, there are models on the market with a large work surface, where two displays can fit at once, or you can expand some other things.
- Permissible weight. For most stands, manufacturers indicate the maximum allowable weight for which the device is designed.
- The presence of additional shelves or pockets. The simplest options are miniature tables without any additional options. More advanced stands can have pull-out shelves, pockets for various little things, a stand for a smartphone, etc. Such models will not only allow you to raise the monitor to the optimal height and unload the desk but also conveniently fold various useful little things inside.
- Additional connectors. Some stand models can be equipped with additional outputs, such as USB-C or USB-A, which allow you to connect a smartphone for charging, a mouse or keyboard, as well as slots for reading memory cards or a 3.5 audio output for headphones. In this case, the stand itself is connected to the PC using the appropriate power cables.
- Execution material. The most common options for making a monitor stand are plastic, chipboard, metal, and glass. Chipboard models are usually the most inexpensive, but they do not offer any additional options. Plastic is considered the most fragile material, but coasters made of it often have a storage system for any small things or things. Metal is the most reliable and expensive option, often with additional options.
For the rest, you should make sure that the monitor stand has good stability and does not spill over under the weight of the display installed on it. Regarding the cost and design – it all depends on personal preferences.