In today’s competitive market, digital marketing is a must. You need to be sure that people are aware of your brand and that they can find you when they need your services. Today we’re going to talk about why digital marketing is important and what PPC is and what it means to your business!
We’ll explain why you should consider it, the different digital marketing ‘channels’, and a little acronym called PPC that makes a world of difference. Let’s talk about the wonderful world of digital marketing!
What is digital marketing?
Simply put, digital marketing is taking your business online. It’s bringing your business attention via the internet and any electronic devices that are accessing it. The opportunities, of course, are huge and it’s something that you need to take advantage of.
Why you should consider digital marketing
Digital marketing takes your business to the next level. For instance, let’s say that you have a business that reconditions Heating and AC units. With the ‘old’ business model, you are completely reliant on word of mouth from person to person in your neighborhood.
With digital marketing, someone who goes to Google and does a search for ‘heating and AC repair’ might well see your business listed, because they are searching for your service in your neighborhood. Your customer base can grow exponentially in very little time and that makes digital marketing a must for any business that is looking to grow.
Different types of digital marketing channels
Digital marketing comes in many different flavors and each has their perks. The most effective means of digital marketing include the following:
- Social media – Creating video content and sharing it on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram is a great way to get attention for your business. You can create video blogs or how-to type videos that people want to see and that they will share with their friends.
- Content marketing – Aside from videos, you can use other kinds of content such .pdf documents that give valuable how-to type information which people may want. These are known as ‘lead magnets’, because they bring people to your site where they generally give you their email in exchange for the content.
- Email marketing – The emails that you get from content (or by other means) are a great way to distribute newsletters with relevant information to your customers and a little business advertisement for yourself. This is one of the most successful ways to run digital marketing, if done right, and really gets results.
- SEO – Search engine optimization is when you add your website to a search engine giant such as Google and optimize your site so that it may be easily found by prospective customers.
There is another integral part of successful digital marketing known as PPC which deserves it’s own sections so let’s proceed there next.
What is PPC?
PPC is short for ‘Pay per click’ and it’s a means of advertising where participating sites such as Google will show your ads to prospective customers so that you can draw more attention to your business. Speaking of Google, when it comes to advertising using PPC then Google is your first and arguably should be the only choice if you want to get attention.
How does it work?
One popular example is Google Ads. With Google ads, businesses are allowed to ‘bid’ on the right to come up during certain searches based on the keywords that are selection and the searcher’s location. Google lets you decide which region you are bidding on as well as which keywords will lead people to your business and it goes something like this.
Joe, an internet user, is looking for heating and air conditioning repair. He does a search for ‘heating and ac repair’ and behind the scenes Google sees that both your business and ‘ron’s heating and air’ have both bid on those phrases.
Whoever bid higher is going to appear first on the list. Selecting the keywords themselves and knowing what to bid can be a little tricky for the novice, but there is no need to worry. Many businesses such as Crystal Marketing specialize in getting you started with Google and more so moving your business online is easy as pie.
Benefits of Pay-Per-Click
Needless to say, PPC is extremely beneficial to businesses but some of the top reasons why people are taking part in PPC include the following:
- Instant traffic to your site
- Generates ‘warm leads’ who are ready to do business
- PPC is easy to track (so you know that it’s working)
- PPC is cost-effective compared to outdated modes of advertising
- You only pay when someone actually reaches your website
Some final words on digital marketing
Digital marketing is a necessity for any modern business. It’s unavoidable, everyone has a cellphone and all of those phones are connected to the web. By putting your business there you can attract the attention of these potential customers and grow your client base practically overnight.
So, what are you waiting for? Start up your own digital marketing campaign today!