In Microsoft Outlook, the data file formats OST and PST are used to save a local copy of the mailbox contents present on the Exchange or IMAP server. The MAPIEntryID GUID is used to encrypt an OST file but not a PST file for security reasons. The encryption key is stored in the system registry by servers and MAPI profiles. As a result, only authorized MAPI profiles can access an OST file, and an Outlook OST file cannot be viewed or accessed using another PC’s Outlook profile. In layman’s words, the Outlook profile is linked to a specific online account and synchronized with it to stay up to current.
If an OST file becomes unavailable, damaged, or orphaned, it can still be converted into PST format using a specialized OST to PST conversion application. Following the conversion, Outlook users can import the PST file and view the mailbox items.
EdbMails OST Converter program can be used to convert an inaccessible, disconnected, or orphaned OST file into a PST file. You may also use this program to import the file directly into an Office 365 account or a live Exchange server. We will explain to you EdbMails OST to PST converter, and how it is utilized. Continue reading to learn more about this software tool.
EdbMails’s OST Converter software overview
You can convert OST files to PST using EdbMails OST to PST Converter, which has received numerous positive ratings and is considered industry-standard software. The software properly and precisely extracts contacts and calendar information from OST files before storing it in PST format. However, this technique has no effect on the file’s content.
The software can convert encrypted or password-protected OST files into PST files without the requirement for an encryption key. Aside from the normal PST format, the software also allows you to save files in MHT, HTML, and EML formats.
When a user’s profile or mailbox is removed from the Exchange server and no backup exists, the software can recover mailbox data from the OST file. Outlook OST files can be used to move mailboxes to a different computer and restore deleted items.
Important features of EdbMails OST ConverterEdbMails OST Converter program is offered in three editions to meet the needs of various users (Personal, Corporate Premium, and Technical Edition). The most important features and highlights of the software tool’s Personal Edition are listed first, followed by the Corporate and Technical Editions.
1. Personal Edition
1. Converts all Exchange, Outlook, and IMAP OST files to PST files.
2. Converts orphaned or otherwise inaccessible OST files to PST files.
3. Allows for the conversion of both small and large OST files to PST with no size limits.
4. Without the need for a key, encrypted OST data is retrieved and saved to PST.
5Allows you to save an OST file in several formats such as MHT, EML, and HTML.
6. Before you begin the conversion, sort and preview the email data.
7. Use various filters to convert your desired mail pieces.
8. It is compatible with all versions of Exchange Office 365 and Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
9. Allows you to break huge OST files into many smaller PST parts using the PST split option.
10. Customized licensing plan for personal and home use
2. Corporate Premium Edition
1. Personal Edition features are all included.
2. Importing OST files directly into Office 365 or a live Exchange server.
3. Allows for the installation of software on several computers in a single location, such as an office building or a library.
4. Corporates, enterprises, business divisions, governments, and educational institutions can all benefit from a customised licence plan.
3. Technical license Edition
1. All of the capabilities of the Corporate Premium Edition are included.
2. The software can be installed on many computers and in different locations.
3. Customized licence plan for data recovery companies, computer maintenance companies, repair shops, and units.
- Convert OST files that are inaccessible:Your mailbox or email profile may have been removed from the Exchange server, or Outlook may have stopped working due to a corrupted OST file. In such cases, EdbMails Converter for OST can help if Outlook is unable to open an inaccessible OST file.
- How to Resolve Outlook Profile Disconnection: When sending or receiving emails, your Outlook profile may get disconnected or display Send/Receive errors on occasion. This is due to an issue with Outlook’s OST file (Outlook Data File). EdbMails can recover and convert OST to PST files, which you can then import into Outlook.
- Exchange server mailbox migration:If your Exchange server crashes, you can restore and recover user mailboxes and mail items to another Exchange server using this programme.
- Import your mail to an Office 365 account.:All of these issues are resolved by the OST to PST converter programme, which exports the OST mailbox items to Outlook’s PST format. It helps Outlook users when the import/export wizard in Outlook fails or the user loses access to the OST mailbox. Aside from Outlook profiles, the solution enables users to easily transfer mailboxes between Exchange servers and Office 365 accounts.
How to Use EdbMails OST to PST Converter Step by Step
- You can convert an OST file to a PST or another file format with EdbMails OST to PST converter software.
- EdbMails software can be downloaded from the official website. We highly advise you test the trial version first, determine your needs, and then select one of the licence plans listed above.
- The free edition enables you to test all of the features at your leisure, with no time constraints. To proceed, after installing and opening the software, pick the option Start Your Free Trial. To login to the application after purchasing a licence, simply enter the email address you used during the purchase. (For this reason, EdbMails does not require any activation or serial key).
- Click the Browse option to find the OST file. First, the software recovers the contents and shows them in a highly ordered tree-view hierarchy.
- To find certain mail items, use the Filter Options to sort and filter the results based on a variety of characteristics such as Subject, From, To, Attachments, Body, Date, and so on.
- After you’ve selected all of the necessary objects, mailboxes,, and folders, click the Export to PST button.
- Verify the things you’ve chosen, choose a location to save the PST file,, and begin the conversion process.
- When the conversion is finished, click OK to close the dialogue box and check the log file for more details on the conversion process.
- Optional: Select ‘Migrate to Live Exchange’ or ‘Migrate to Office 365’ and enter your account login credentials to import OST straight to Office 365 and live Exchange, respectively, without any intermediate hops.
Several IT administrators and MVPs recommend and trust the EdbMails OST to PST Converter tool. This wonderful software can be used to retrieve mailbox items from disconnected, inaccessible, or orphaned OST files, as well as to backup the mail items to PST format. You can use the programme to preview, recover, and even convert deleted mailbox items. You can personalise the conversion process by using the many filter settings, such as Senders, From Address, Attachments, and so on. Before purchasing, you can test out the software and all of its features for free by downloading the trial version. EdbMails has earned a 5-star rating in the industry for its excellent feature set and user-friendly interface.
Another piece of good news for Exchange and Office 365 users that want to centrally manage their email signatures for their organisation. Sigsync email signatures for Office 365 is one such custom-made solution that can help you with this. From a single centralised dashboard, you can add tenants and manage signatures for all of them. It is simple to use and includes all of the functionality you might want. You can, for example, include social networking buttons, interactive ads, graphical elements, or run targeted marketing campaigns. If this piques your curiosity, we recommend visiting the official Sigsync website or clicking on the link above.